A graduate of Sacred Heart Catholic School shall demonstrate the knowledge, skills and attitudes essential to lead a Christ-centered and well-informed life:
Be a faith-filled person who
- Defines behavior in terms of Catholic values
- Recognizes each person as a vital part of God’s creation
- Celebrates life
- Has awareness of a personal relationship with God
- Ensures that prayer, reflection and worship form an integral part of every day
Be a life-long learner who
- Gathers, interprets, analyzes and synthesizes information
- Develops the power to think constructively, to solve problems, to reason independently and ethically
- Uses technology effectively
- Develops sound habits and attitudes of physical, emotional and mental health
- Performs as a confident individual, as well as a team player
Be a loving person who
- Practices Catholic values and service to others
- Respects and appreciates diverse cultures
- Shows acceptance of self and others
- Responds to community needs
- Discovers and develops a positive sense of self-esteem, through self-discovery of basic gifts and personal talents
Consistent with these expectations, we we offer a two fold program:
A Catholic education which will enable the students to:
- Learn and practice Catholic doctrine and spirituality and understand that they are unique and especially loved by God.
- Develop a deep love of God and their neighbor.
- Make their faith a living part of each day.
- Realizing that he/she has the potential for good, become a responsible citizen: socially, morally and environmentally.
A strong academic program that will enable the student to:
- Develop a desire to learn.
- Understand the importance of knowledge and the benefits that it will provide.
- Develop academic skills in all areas of the curriculum, particularly the basic skills of reading, language and math.
- Advance in understanding and awareness of their responsibility to be mature students.